Objectives of the University
- To increase availability period along with higher productivity of horticultural crops.
- To develop manpower in relation to the present needs of the horticulture industry.
- To develop technologies for horticultural crops to ensure safety to the consumers and the people involved in production and environment.
- To reduce the cost of production through increased efficiency of inputs in enhancing the profitability to the growers.
- To promote integrated nutrient and pest management for reducing the excessive use of fertilizers and pesticides.
- To minimize the losses caused by natural calamities by means of protected cultivation.
- To promote packinghouse operations, value addition and export.